As a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, you will lead cross-functional teams to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness through the implementation of Lean and Six Sigma projects. Project leadership includes collaborating throughout the business to identify and justify opportunities, launching project teams, removing and elevating project barriers, coaching to drive sustainable results, reporting project status and celebrating business impacts. You will partner with your Operations Excellence (OpEx) colleagues to train and coach Six Sigma Green Belts, Lean Leaders, and Sponsors.
- Complete Black Belt Projects each fiscal year:
- Execute cross-functional Lean and/or DMAIC projects aligned to business objectives leading to improved process flow, quality and/or cost savings
- Training and Coaching:
- Train Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Leaders, and Sponsors (formally and informally).
- Coach continuous improvement methods to leverage sound statistical analysis in making data driven decisions throughout the business.
- OpEx Deployment:
- Support the OpEx deployment strategy to foster a culture of continuous improvement. This includes tracking of Lean and Six Sigma projects, identifying project aligned to business goals, coordinating coaching and training, partnering at all levels within the business for project identification and selection, and regular leadership reviews to monitor results.
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years of professional level experience leading and coaching improvement teams.
- Proven Experience delivering sustainable results using statistical analysis tools, project management, Lean and Six Sigma methods.
- Must be a results-oriented 'change agent' who is an effective business systems thinker.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization to maintain relationships and cooperation.
- Project management and cross-functional team leadership skills
- Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals
- Strong statistical analysis foundation
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in a technical discipline, ideally Industrial Engineering, or 3+ years proven experience with ZOLL, with significant contributions to continuous improvement activities.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience applying lean and six sigma processes to an assembly, test, service and/or sales environment
- Certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, ZOLL Lean Leader and/or ZOLL Green Belt
- Value stream mapping, visual management and assembly floor cell design experience preferred.
- Advanced degree in business or a technical discipline preferred.