Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt in Elkridge, Maryland. This position is responsible for leading project teams to improve critical business processes that drive financial results. Will use proven Continuous Improvement methodology for fact-based decision making and root cause problem solving. Will identify, justify and execute business/process improvement opportunities aimed at improving the company’s ability to meet customer expectations, improve quality, reduce cycle times, increase profits and reduce costs. This job requires travel and overnight lodging to work at other Carter Machinery locations, and to complete out of town training. Seeking results-oriented candidates with 2 to 5 years of project management, management consulting and/or process improvement experience. Lean/Six Sigma work experience and certification preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a Business or Technical discipline.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills required. Able to act as a resource for using statistical methods and data analysis.
- Able to take corrective action when results are below target, and act with a sense of urgency to achieve desire results.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at once. Strong organizational, planning and follow-up skills required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required. Ability to train, mentor and coach Green Belt team members for successful and timely completion of projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and Workout tools, problem solving/root cause analysis and process management.
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of Power Point & Excel required; AS/400 SEQUEL & SQL query skills preferred.
- Able to travel and work hours required by job.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.