At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence, the Process Engineering role will help drive Operational Excellence efforts by working alongside the company’s business leaders and other stakeholders. This position will a key part of the centralized center of excellence for quality and process improvement, and will partner with businesses and functional areas throughout the company to drive overall operational maturity. The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide strategic thought leadership and support for high-visibility enterprise process improvement initiatives and skilled change management.
Strong leadership skills with significant technical and business experience are a necessity for the process engineering position. Comprehensive knowledge of process and quality improvement best practices are necessary skills along with excellent interpersonal skills, strong change management skills, sound judgment and a unique ability to solve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead enterprise level process improvement programs which drive significant value to the business in terms of revenue, efficiencies, and customer satisfaction.
- Implement industry best practices in all of the disciplines of the business – sales, customer success, services, support, software engineering, data center operations, & product management.
- Train and coach resources throughout the organization on process engineering tools and methods.
- Works with all levels of the organization to identify and implement process improvement, find process interactions and dependencies, develop key performance indicators and clarify business operations
- Works with cross-functional teams and works with key stakeholders to evaluate and streamline key operations processes
- Provides constant, ongoing communication to ensure barriers/obstacles to business process improvement are removed and necessary support is provided
- Ability to translate a complex, broad initiative into a value proposition with a clear vision and unambiguous communication
- Excellent communication skills to interface and influence business leaders
- Ability to identify synergies and opportunities for simplification
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- At least 7-10 years of hands-on experience in as many of the following areas as possible – quality management, process engineering, organizational change management, project & program management
- Experience with software engineering and technology organizational maturity
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.