Train and instructs Lean Six Sigma candidates across the organization. Serves as project leader for Lean Six Sigma/DMAIC projects. Leads change by engaging Champions, team members and stakeholders to deliver performance improvement using Lean Six Sigma resources, methods and concepts. Support strategic programs by collaborating with appropriate business units.
- Delivers Lean Six Sigma training to introduce team members to WLSS and for belts below Black Belt.
- Supports Lean Six Sigma DMAIC projects to deliver business results which may include cost reduction, cash flow improvement, revenue enhancement, defect reduction, cycle time improvement, etc.
- Guides and develops Green Belts (and other Belts) to implement Lean Six Sigma projects successfully and attain and then maintain certification, as well as, applying Lean Six Sigma in daily work.
- Supports workshops/kaizen events to bring together cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and achieve targeted performance improvement in a compressed timeframe within the context of projects and standalone, for targeted processes. Engages Champions, Process Owners, team members and stakeholders to deliver performance improvement using Lean Six Sigma resources, methods and concepts.
- Guides a culture of customer focus, data-driven decision-making, ownership of processes and operational metrics and continuous improvement.
- Plays a role in facilitating the effectiveness of the enterprise-wide deployment including: active participation in the Community of Practice, sharing of best practices, supporting the success of other belts and other duties to enable the success of WLSS at Walgreens.
- Partners with Change Management and Learning organizations to support company wide strategic programs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver highquality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in a business role with engagement in process improvement activities, including facilitating teams and project analysis or High School/GED and at least 8 years’ experience in a related discipline.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing solutions to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience leading and creating high-performing teams and championing change.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 2 years’ experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Line Management Experience
- Experience and skill with Visio, Minitab (or other statistical software), MS Access