- Technical (Math, Engineering, Science) Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- 7+ years of successful leadership experience in project management and facilitation of large cross-functional teams in business operations and technology process improvement areas.
- 7+ years of experience providing training to Executives, Managers, Associates, and Continuous Improvement(CI) champions on Lean, Six Sigma, Agile Scrum, PMP, Change Management and/or similar methodologies.
- Demonstrated project management and/or kaizen facilitation experience at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics.
- Proven experience in delivering large scale technology systems.
- Provide metrics inputs to various reporting decks; communicate key performance indicators to stakeholders in support of business objectives; must be comfortable addressing both large and small audiences.
- Lean Sensei, Black Belt, and/or PMP certification.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
The ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team drives critical business improvement initiatives for Amazon Devices (software, hardware, operations and Amazon partners). The ACES Program Manager plays an important role in identifying and prioritizing process improvement opportunities, prescribing strategies, and guiding the improvement effort. You will be responsible for leading and driving process improvements (short-term wins) as well as process design/ redesign (long-term wins) efforts via kaizen initiatives and/or project management (PMP/Scrum). You will also be a coach and trainer for Lean Six Sigma-based continuous improvement methodologies.
This position requires a candidate with considerable proven leadership ability to facilitate and guide the application of ACES methods and advanced technology to process improvements.
Change management experience is also necessary because you will be motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment where explosive growth is occurring while achieving impeccable quality.
- Master’s degree (MBA, Math, Engineering, Science).
- Lean/Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification.
- Experience deploying transactional lean, manufacturing lean, variation reduction, and design for six sigma methodologies in both manufacturing and software.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations.
Advanced skills in statistical analyses.