The LSS Business Process Consultant will work closely with a geographically diverse project team, including clients, subs, other contractors, and vendor staff, on technology focused projects. They will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the business process improvement, introducing robust and practical LSS solutions at every opportunity. A highly qualified candidate will have a Black Belt LSS certification, have a demonstrated understanding of business process improvement, and have demonstrated ability to lead a team of business analysts.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of logistics business processes through data analysis.
- Lead performance analysis and discovery with clients to develop a performance improvement strategy and approach that achieves improvement objectives.
- Rapidly prioritize competing requirements, understand and simplify client requirements.
- Apply critical and analytical thinking skills to translate complex information into understandable and impactful work products.
- Oversee and complete special projects as needed.
- Experience leading and influencing a team of business analysts
- Program Management experience
- Ability to develop strong process throughout the Lifecyle of a project
- Leads team members working on specific projects independent of organizational lines.
- Leads process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of Lean Six Sigma measurements, accountability, analysis, and discussion of process alternatives in order to arrive at best practices
- Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that provides operational support for a business segment, group, or team
- At least 8 years of relevant experience required.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt required.
- Strong problem investigation skillset supported by extensive experience in process root cause and cause/effect analysis and solution development/deployment; able to identify and make process improvement recommendations and plan for execution and implementation of new processes.
- Must have functional experience in systems engineering, supply chain management, transportation, or distribution
- Excellent negotiation and consensus-building skills
- Excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
- Highly organized, systematic, and proactive in managing quality and exceeding client/customer expectations.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance
- Data analysis skills, interpretation, analysis, and evaluation of reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills