- Initiate and lead continuous improvement projects that improve end-to-end business value and drive significant business impact.
- Work closely with the business to identify process bottlenecks, conduct root cause analysis and implement process improvements across the organization.
- Deliver training to improve and further our problem solving and process improvement mind set in the organization.
- Coach and mentor Green Belts, Yellow Belts, and project teams to drive value aligned with annual goals and strategic priorities.
- Engage in the tier process, ensuring effective escalation and feedback across all levels of the organization in making problems visible and solving them.
- Identify and recruit internal Green Belt and Yellow Belt resources to further process excellence culture and deliver on site goals.
- Maintain a project portfolio database and site governance process to facilitate process improvement project portfolio management and prioritization.
- Constantly seeks to identify, share and facilitate adoption of best practices to eliminate waste and improved performance.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Ability to develop strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems including Lean and Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated business acumen and data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated delivery of lean six sigma project benefits and problem solving culture.
- Demonstrated project and process delivery skills, including accurate project planning, milestone delivery, project resource management, and effective status updates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other analytical applications.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, effectively engaging, facilitating, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to identify, assess, and resolve business problems, issues, risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients and internal colleagues and stakeholders in a matrixed team environment.
- Focused on productivity, efficiency, simplification, right first time in project delivery (meeting customer requirements, cost reduction, growing business).
- Demonstrated skill in teaching, coaching and influencing; ability to influence across the organization without formal authority.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, perform complex tasks, organize and complete workload consistently.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Minimal travel required for this role; travel between manufacturing buildings in College Station required to perform project duties.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Lean / Six Sigma Black Belt certification or commitment to secure within 12 months;
- Master’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 6 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations; OR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 8 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations; OR
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 12 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations;
- At least three (3) years of experience leading cross functional teams in support of organizational / continuous improvement projects.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Project Management Certification – PMP, CAPM, etc
- Experience in a cGMP facility or working with FDA regulations
- Experience working for a CDMO
- Experience working in a biologics or gene therapy manufacturing facility
- Previous budgeting experience