- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Resume that shows steady progression in Quality and Training/Learning Management
- 3+ years of related experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- Experience delivering training/information to peers, hourly associates, and senior management.
- Experience coaching and delivering messages related to performance.
- Experience developing and implementing department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Experience interpreting data analytics
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- 5+ years related Quality Assurance Management in a QS/ISO certified company
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round.
- In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite
- Experience working with hourly employees, as well as exempt personnel.
- The Learning and Quality Operations Manager is an active member of Make on Demand Operations team. As a support function they will actively drive Product Quality, the Learning and Development of operations leaders and associates, as well as create, support and drive network-wide initiatives. Successful candidates will have a creative, true hands-on approach, as well as strong knowledge of warehousing/manufacturing, instructional design, Learning Management Systems, Quality Management Systems, and data-driven / analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills. In addition, effective presentation and persuasion skills are a must. This role requires the ability to influence without authority.
The Learning and Quality Operations Manager will:
Actively manage a team of Managers, trainers and quality specialists including their deployment, development and productivity. Ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer’s needs. Act as a proactive and productive liaison/partner with Operations, Retail, and with the corporate NAFC ACES Operations Learning Department consistently seeking to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience metrics.
- Foster the development and growth of Amazon Managers and Associates (i.e., mentoring, teaching, etc.).
- Create and implement training programs for associates, managers, trainers and others (i.e., participating in and conducting needs analysis, skills development classes, cross-training, etc.).
- Facilitate orientation and training classes; communicate policies and procedures to managers and new employees as needed.
- Ensure that the Learning Department creates/updates accurate and useful information for Training schools, PMVs, SJIs, and other training aids/visuals.
- Actively seek, clarify and understand information from Operations and Area Managers that leads to an understanding and ownership of MOD performance and goals and required YOY improvements and provide training assistance where necessary in order to achieve these goals. Fully understand workflow, daily production goals and reports used to drive the business.
- React quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and create and drive network-wide rollouts.
- Drive best practices standardization across multiple departments and sites.
- Create network standard training programs and implement while ensuring they are consistently utilized as required in the fulfillment center
- Partner with Area Managers, Operations Managers, and Site Leaders in the communication of policies.
- Follow up to ensure compliance & consistency for policies & procedures surrounding Quality and Quality management systems.
- Lead & supervise a team of Managers, and hourly associates in Learning and Quality Assurance operations within multiple MOD cells. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, & evaluation of the operation.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & procedures: to include interviewing & training exempt & nonexempt employees; full accountability for setting & meeting operational goals; strategic planning & forecasting; assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; resolving problems; & staffing; as well as developing standard operating procedures.
- Candidate must be able to teach & educate managers and associates on the importance of quality assurance.
Execution & Analysis:
- Ensure that training is tracked and recorded, including progress and skill sets.
- As needed, manage grant proposals including implementation, tracking and relationship management.
- Create, manage and update training content and associate compliance audits.
- Administer methods for gathering and tracking training metrics across multiple sites.
- Analyze and understand data to suggest improvements for training and operations across multiple sites.
- Track and communicate Learning and Quality Department goals, assignments and progress locally and at a network level.
- Take ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the Fulfillment Center is operating safely and take immediate action to correct where necessary.
- Owner of PIT Training Program and maintains proper documentation related to PIT certification.
- Measurement of Book and Disc quality across multiple sites while providing feedback to the operations and retail.
- Review & analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
- Develop & execute daily, weekly & monthly action plans that increase quality, reduce defects, and drive continuous improvement.
- Establish & Maintain Quality documentation and procedures such as PFMEA, control plan, audit procedures etc.
- Plan for & identify root causes of quality defects through cause & effect analysis, 8D’s, 5 Why’s, and other problem solving tools.
- Drive process improvements & the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines.
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment.
- Strong analytical, math, data analysis, listening & communication skills
- Ability to show Quality improvement in a continually changing environment
- Ability to quickly pick up various software systems and data analysis tools
- Six Sigma Certification, or application and use of analytical/statistical software
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities given reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation