The Maintenance & Engineering Manager directly supports the maintenance and reliability efforts. This position will develop a strategic vision and implement initiatives to advance equipment reliability and the maintenance teams’ capabilities. This position will identify gaps in training, processes, tools, spare parts and then implement solutions. The Maintenance & Engineering Manager will actively lead root cause analysis work and partner with the Operations Teams to implement effective preventative measures as well as provide guidance for capital planning.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with manufacturing leadership teams and engineering teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives through proper maintenance and reliability programs.
- Coordinate the planning and design of structured maintenance based strategies to avoid unplanned downtime, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets.
- Generate/maintain a criticality ranking of equipment and benchmarking of equipment performance for all facilities.
- Lead standardized Equipment Reliability optimization across all manufacturing facilities.
- Support all N.O.E.S. (Novolex Operational Excellence System) activity as it pertains to maintenance programs, Craftsmen behaviors, and equipment reliability efforts.
- Drive companywide compliance in all CMMS based activity (new SAP format and existing software platforms).
- Serve as the administrator and advocate of TPC Online to develop a standardized training program to increase the capabilities of the Maintenance teams in the facilities.
- Develop & publish maintenance-based analytics across entire business (CMMS work order compliance, Proactive vs Reactive Repairs, and Mean Time Between Failures).
- Provide expertise, leadership, and training on structured problem solving techniques i.e., Breakdown Analysis (BDA), Lean, Six Sigma and other root cause analysis tools, etc.
- Audit the maintenance practices of all facilities and provide feedback to correct and/or improve.
- Develop process for management of critical spares at all facilities and for the company.
- Support all machine improvement and automation initiatives to drive improved performance at all sites.
- Provide direction for quick changeover and alignment improvements.
- Provide change management leadership to ensure achievement and sustainability of targeted performance levels.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related Technical Discipline) or equivalent experience.
- 6 plus years of management experience within a Maintenance organization.
- 6 plus years of management of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and manufacturing process skills/experience.
- Must have experience supporting and leading Lean manufacturing activities.
- Analytical skills and understanding of problem solving techniques/tools.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to act as a business partner, “see the big picture,” and work through ambiguity and change.
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office applications (Excel, Access, etc) and other computer tools and software and a working knowledge of AutoCad.