Reporting to the Director of the Casino Project Management Office (PMO), the Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for delivering process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives that benefit casino operations. The Continuous Improvement Manager plays an important role in fostering a culture of sustainable change by implementing Lean methodologies and excellence in Continuous Improvement and Innovation (CI&I), to deliver business transformations.
A successful candidate requires a highly motivated, results-oriented, and extremely organized individual as they build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change. This position must have a heightened awareness of gaming and hospitality operations and establish a positive working relationship with the executive and department leadership. The Continuous Improvement Manager is willing to make positive changes, emphasize and demonstrate the importance of our team members and ensure employee engagement.
results-oriented, and extremely organized individual as they build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change. This position must have a heightened awareness of gaming and hospitality operations and establish a positive working relationship with the executive and department leadership. The Continuous Improvement Manager is willing to make positive changes, emphasize and demonstrate the importance of our team members and ensure employee engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops, administers and executes the Continuous Improvement Program in alignment with casino goals and objectives. Serves as an internal consultant, developing short-term and long-term strategies for the program, incorporating Lean practices and other related programs.
2. Utilizes knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean processes to define opportunities and help design innovative solutions that enable the enterprise to improve financial performance, team
member and customer satisfaction, and service delivery efficiency.
3. Assesses organizational performance and determines the root cause(s) of performance issues. Monitors existing processes to ensure performance continues at optimal efficiency levels; establishes measurable standards and compares results, regularly generates detailed update reports for leadership.
4. Works with senior leadership, directors, managers, supervisors, and front-line team members to develop and implement process improvement plans for achieving significant value results throughout the enterprise and prioritize improvement opportunities.
5. Coordinates and leads key projects across all levels of the enterprise; directly supervises teams and collaborates with managers to re-engineer processes.
6. Utilizes project management best practices to oversee the implementation of projects while adhering to enterprise policies and procedures and applicable regulatory standards.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
8. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to any public health emergency.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a management role, preferably in casino operations and/or hospitality industry.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Continuous Improvement and Project Management, strong understanding relevant tools and methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating Kaizen Events is preferred.
- Must have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Lean tools.
- Must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality due to the ability to access confidential information including, but not limited to customer contact information, customer financial data, and organizational financial data.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is required.