Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
Provide continuous improvement leadership to site utilizing Business Management, Lean and Six-Sigma techniques; lead operational initiatives required to enhance business execution performance.
- Provide motivational leadership and communication to all team associates to ensure understanding and attainment of performance objectives.
- Utilize, drive and promote understanding of Lean and Six-Sigma tools and principals to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement; develop and implement improvement plans, facilitate daily visual management, lean conversion and root cause and corrective action(RCCA).
- Facilitate material point of use conversion and maintenance as required to deliver OTD and Inventory target; ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation; take active role in safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Ensure 5S/RCCA is taught, implemented and adhered to within work area.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Collaborate in team meeting and activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Such as training/coaching on Lean techniques and improvements.
- Work with site directors to develop annual site goals. Providing trade off analysis for different options as well as implementing final plan.
- Manage CI Engineers and over see improvement activities across the site.
- Five (5) years of experience of people management and continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing or equivalent
- Black belt Six Sigma Certification
- Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the organization; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence
- Communication skills: ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively present information and respond to questions from group of clients, customers, and management at all levels
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Computer skills: high-level of spreadsheet utilization skills; exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task within tight time constraints
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most