World Wide Technology Application Services has an opportunity for a Manager of Continuous Improvement. This position is a leadership role working with multiple teams and is focused on continuous improvement across the organization. This role is an agent of change, owning and promoting the Continuous Improvement vision under the direction of the Senior Director for Leadership and Improvement.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative Continuous Improvement professional. This position provides the unique opportunity to become a part of a dynamic, maturing organization, focused on engaging and inspiring teams to incorporate continuous improvement as part of their daily activities and leverage lessons learned and best practices. The selected individual will be responsible for proactively identifying, orchestrating, and monitoring cross-functional, continuous improvement initiatives with varying risks, constraints and/or challenges, and will be empowered to focus on eliminating waste and increasing value creation to meet strategic objectives.
Continuous Improvement Program:
- Develop and maintain a Continuous Improvement (CI) Program across the organization to identify, develop, coordinate, and oversee process improvement efforts to achieve organizational goals defined by senior leadership.
- As an integral part of the CI Program, develop ways to measure the organization’s CI maturity level, work with leadership to develop organizational CI goals, and develop processes to ensure continuous evaluation against those goals.
- Proactively develop continuous process improvement initiatives to enhance organizational effectiveness by developing leading indicators and feedback loops within existing and new processes.
- Make recommendations to leadership for improvement initiatives ensuring alignment with organizational strategy and CI goals
- Present results and analysis of improvement efforts and ongoing performance measures to senior management
Lessons Learned/Best Practices:
- Extract lessons learned and best practices from individual teams, Practice Areas, root cause analyses, and other forums and provide recommendations to leadership on how they can be leveraged to benefit other teams or the organization.
- Collect, develop, document, and make available the organization’s lessons learned and best practices.
Support the Organization:
- Serve as a resource to the organization, facilitating knowledge transfer and overseeing proper application of Continuous Improvement methodology and tools.
- Support the development of training, and/or change management materials and activities to support new processes and procedures
Independence: This position operates in a matrixed environment. A person in this position must interact effectively throughout the organization to achieve objectives. This position requires a high level of autonomy while retaining the ability to work in a collaborative environment. Must be able to quickly grasp and apply new techniques and methodologies.
Strategic Thinking: Analyzes and applies a broad organizational and business perspective to identify and maintain focus on key drivers of organizational performance.
Relationship Management: Builds trusting, productive relationships with internal/external groups, team members, and stakeholders through transparent, genuine, influential communications.
Organization and Planning: Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, improve and execute activities related to improving organizational processes.
Change Management: Ability to motivate, energize, align and promote change in others related to a common purpose and objectives. Communicates clearly and concisely across all levels of the organization to explain the reason for a change and the future vision; perceived as a change agent in the organization.
Communication: Strong and concise oral and written communication and presentation skills
- 4-8 years related process improvement management experience
- Knowledge of and proven expertise in various process improvement technologies and approaches
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma concepts, with certifications preferred
- Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree preferred
- Understanding of and commitment to Agile values, principles, and practices
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Can work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Self and Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.