This position is responsible for managing the Continuous Improvement team.
The CI manager will manage technical resources and projects to identify and solve complex technical, transactional and logistical issues. This individual will also lead or become involved in special projects related to improvement opportunities across the business. Projects will support Continuous improvement activity within Callaway Golf and at supplier locations in North America and abroad.
The CI Manager will provide leadership and direction to the Continuous Improvement staff as well as provide CI guidance & expertise to the global business.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead teams and projects to achieve Key Initiatives and measurably improve Key Performance Indicators
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to direct reports, working teams, management, and suppliers to achieve business goals and objectives related to continuous improvement.
- Lead and perform research and data analysis to identify and develop projects that support the business.
- Develop & Manage Project Plans/Resource allocation/Workload to prioritize & track project progress (including on time and within budget). This includes the utilization of metrics and systems to validate all project benefits.
- Provide input for the annual budget and assess monthly spend to plan (wages, travel expenses, training, etc.)
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of Continuous Improvement methodology in both traditional and transactional processes. Lean, Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints.
- Expert in data collection systems, data analysis and statistics including Gauge R&Rs studies, Statistical Process Control and Process Capability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including training and “Train the Trainer” experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload of the team against business priorities.
- Ability to gain cooperation of functional counter-parts or others not directly supervised to achieve assigned objectives.
- Able to effectively work as a part of a team toward meeting company goals.
- Proficient in basic financial concepts and tools, including the implications of financial/project decisions.
- Proficient in Statistical Software tools such as Minitab
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including other Microsoft applications: Project, SharePoint, & Visio
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in a technical discipline (engineering, etc.) from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of six years’ experience in a leadership position, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment interacting with other disciplines throughout the company including Operations, IT, R&D, Legal, etc.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt required.
- Master Black Belt or Project Management Certification preferred.
- Education or proficiency in basic budgeting and/or finance.
- Experience with SAP, Business Objects, & Business Warehouse desirable