The F/A-18 Program Operations Manager is the Operations lead for F/A-18 & Global Strike International and Emerging programs, program customers, program managers, and other functional managers and is responsible for successful operations execution within this area of focus. The Program Operations position will have the responsibility to focus on all Operations tasks associated within International and Emerging programs within the Secure Sensor Solutions (S3) Mission Area. These tasks include, but are not limited to: Leading and supporting all International & Emerging pursuits, proposals and programs, manufacturing plan creation and maintenance; test capacity analyses; cost reduction initiatives, data mining and metrics management; recurring and non-recurring cost Basis of Estimate (BOE) and engagement in domestic and international proposals and rationale development/analyses; Manufacturing Readiness Assessment (MRA); creation of Manufacturing Maturation Plans (MMP); identification and planning of operations related investment required to achieve Price To Win (PTW) and MMP; Capital deployment planning and management; transition planning of existing work to other factories; make/buy/where decisions and daily coordination with factory to align priorities. The responsibilities of this role are a key enabler to the I&E side of the F/A-18 & GBS business and supporting all activities with delivering product to our customers. This position helps develop the product line vision and strategy with the Program Director and works with Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Consolidated Manufacturing Centers to ensure flawless, efficient and profitable execution of the APG-79 production programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Business Focal Point at Program Levels
- Leading and participating F/A-18 operations cost reduction efforts/initiatives
- Manage Metrics and provide detailed analytic and improvement recommendations
- Business Forecast (PROP - Program Requirements and Operations Planning) Communications to Factories and assessing overall Capacity requirements with Operation Program Managers
- Develops Capital Investment Requirements to support program needs and Business Area Capital Forecast and Execution
- Business/Cross Program Inventory AR Tracking to Completion for Internal Suppliers
- Engages Functional Expertise within Operations for Proposals – From Factories to Facilities
- Timely Gate 4 Win Strategy Flow Down to Factories/Operations Performers
- Supports Engineering Development Work (Lab/RSIL/space) and implementation of test capability, including transition to Production as applicable to program
- Partner with factory operation program managers (OPM) and other factory personnel to manage execution of program requirements to ensure on time delivery and develop executable production and recovery plans
- Collaborate with SCM and OPM with Management of IOT between factories for production material and develop Repair/Lay-in material requirements for proposals
- Collaborate with OPM to execute Production Readiness Review Gate 10
- Responsible for Program Operations content for all required Internal Reviews/Gate Reviews (4 – 11)
- Work with Program Office to ensure Customer authorizations in place for accountability and use of customer owned property
- Understand and pre-brief factory EAC and Gate packages to Operations Leadership
- This role reports into the F /A-18 Sr. Program Operations Manager.
This position will be based in El Segundo, CA, while Covid-19 work restrictions are in place working remotely will be allowed.
- 8+ years of applicable work experience
- Ability to adeptly use influence without authority in a matrix organizational structure
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, team building, change management and team leadership experience and able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Proficient in data mining utilizing system and Microsoft office tools
- Proficient in SAP/MRP systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and ability to resolve issues throughout the factory flow
- Understanding the partnership between Program Management and Operations/Manufacturing
- Active US Secret security clearance
- 8+ years of work experience in Operations/Production Management or Program Management
- Previous experience in Engineering or Supply Chain
- Previous aerospace experience
- Proven capability to analyze data, and develop metrics and data visualization and proficient ability to convey message to production team and program leadership.
- Demonstrates initiative, persistence, and creativity in problem solving
- Knowledge of program management practices
- Earned Value Management System experience
- Six Sigma Specialist or higher
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited university
Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) discipline preferred.