Act as a leader in implementing and facilitating a culture of continuous improvement, while managing the development and implementation of the Operational Excellence program and driving key business-wide initiatives in the Irvine facility. Manages the Lean/Green Belt/Black Belt Certifications. He or she will assist the operation to ensure that continuous improvement and best practices are part of our culture, and will concentrate on accelerating the organization’s Lean and Six Sigma transformation. Experience in teaching and driving Lean and Data-driven thinking is required. This individual will mentor plant kaizen leaders, lean professionals, and Six Sigma resources, assist in delivering Continuous Improvement training, and run process improvement projects in support of the organization’s Operational Excellence transformation.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Manages World Class Continuous Improvement activities across the Irvine Site.
- Acts as Program manager for the Continuous Improvement Project Porfolio across the Irvine Site.
- Manages the Lean6Sigma Certification Program for the Irvine Site including establishing qualifications and requirements for internal employee certification.
- Leads C.I. Project Review Sessions and provide coaching and guidance to project leaders on the proper application of the DMAIC and Lean6Sigma tool box.
- Performs training, including the coordination and scheduling of workshops and kaizen events.
- Partners with Finance in maintaining and updating the C.I. Projects Status Presentation and participate on the monthly Corporate C.I. Projects Status Meetings and C.I. Board Review meetings.
- Ensures consistency in use of tools and techniques by local offices and the sharing of expertise between facilities. - Establishes, implements and tracks metrics and goals for World Class Manufacturing activities.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement across the organization. Prioritizes projects based on function area’s need and business impact.
- Provides SME coaching to MRB Investigators and CAPA Leaders on the proper application of Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, and identification of effective Corrective Actions.
- Researches current best practices in manufacturing support functions and evaluates their feasibility implementation for the BBMUS organization.
- Responsible for personnel actions including hiring, performance management, termination.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required, Master Black Belt preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry. Influences the development of and drives the application of principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of action.
- Provides direct or indirect supervision to a group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals. Accountabilities include work and people scheduling, performance management and recommendations for hiring decisions.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 12+ years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and passport