If you are an OPERATIONS professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our RACINE, WI location, you will work with cross-functional teams to develop Customer-centric strategies, objectives, and metrics focused on improving Customer service levels, reducing lead times, and optimizing Trade Working Capital (TWC) across the enterprise. This position interfaces with all functions to ensure business improvement initiatives are aligned with InSinkErator’s strategic objectives. The Manager, Lean Enterprise will support Mile Deep and Mile Wide efforts, while simultaneously developing organizational competency in Market Understanding, Lean Product Development, Supply Chain, the Toyota Production System, and Problem Solving.
AS THE MANAGER, LEAN ENTERPRISE, YOU WILL:
- Work to enable profitable growth through improvements in Customer Satisfaction & TWC efficiency, while ensuring every strategy, process & decision is Customer Focused.
- Work with the Director Perfect Execution and Executive Staff to define and align InSinkErator’s top objectives with annual Strategic Priorities and relevant KPIs for each functional area.
- Train department managers, employees, and functional management in the concepts and techniques of Perfect Execution.
- Facilitate and coach teams through Value Chain Mapping and Business Processes Excellence workshops for Mile Deep and Mile Wide initiatives that maximize customer value creation through improving speed and flexibility in the quote-to-cash cycle.
- Facilitates kaizen events and implements lean strategies that drive speed and flexibility into business processes.
- Lead InSinkErator’s cost improvement program with a focus on reducing total value chain cost through the application of Perfect Execution tools and methodologies.
- Works with Corporate & Group Perfect Execution resource to stay abreast of overall Emerson programs and objectives. Incorporate learnings and new requirements back into the business unit program. Supports functions related to preparing and coordinating materials required for Corporate Perfect Execution Reviews.
- Identifies, collects, and shares Perfect Execution best practices across Emerson business units and business group teams.
WHO YOU ARE:
You understand the importance and interdependence of internal customer relationships. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You seek out different perspectives and flex your communication approach.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 – 7 years of engineering or process management experience;
- Strong analytical thinker, who possesses superior quantitative, Excel modeling, and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Effective communicator (both written and verbal), with the ability to work seamlessly among all levels and areas of an organization
- Strategic thinker, with a clear vision and direction of change management.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and independently, and be able to pick up new concepts quickly.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to help all levels of the organization through the change management process.
- Ability to travel between 5% and 10% for the position.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this position is not available.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Lean experience a plus.
- Green Belt accreditation in lean six sigma principles a plus.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or another relevant discipline a plus