We are looking for an Operational Excellence (OPEXC) Manager who will take an active role in the design and implementation of a sound OPEXC Strategy. The person in this position will coordinate and drive improvement programs and initiatives across the organization by aligning standards and goals of the manufacturing facility. He/she is a change agent that leads the site and functions to implement standard processes, tools and systems to achieve high performance.
He/she will support and mentor other OPEXC and lean practitioners to ensure they become expert leaders and champions of the DOVER OPEXC Model. The Manager, OPEXC will report directly to Plant Manager. The position requires the ability to work and communicate with Dover’s OPEXC leadership as well as across all levels, operations and functions in Anthony including supply chain, finance, human resources, engineering, and product management, sales and marketing.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
- Develop a strategy, programs and implementation plans for the successful deployment of an OPEXC Culture.
- Coordinate initiatives across the manufacturing site in order to achieve consistency and standardization of processes.
- Support, develop and mentor site functions to enable them to succeed in their OPEXC journey.
- Lead, manage and monitor communication and reporting of key performance indicators in partnership with regional and functional leaders, including OPEXC assessments, performance improvements, and any other high-impact initiatives to improve financial and operational performance of the site while creating a positive working environment.
- Design and convert the OPEXC standards and principles into process and organizational changes needed to support the attainment of plant objectives.
- Develop skill levels of practitioners and other site talent by coordinating OPEXC training for employees at various levels and across functions.
- Ensure OPEXC standards are implemented consistently.
- Exchange OPEXC best practices and shared knowledge and expertise across the organization.
- Benchmark with best-in-class companies to integrate leading practices into manufacturing activities and processes.
- Continuously improve tools, training, documentation, deployment methodologies to support the OPEXC maturity levels progression to attain internal certifications, i.e. Driving Change, Overcoming Adversity, Victorious, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Winning through Customers: Knows and understands the market and manufacturing best practices. Ensures superior value delivered to customers/markets.
- Expectations for Results: Produces results that meet or exceed Dover standards of performance.
- Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit: Creates and drive change and encourages others to join in.
What are the basic qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or engineering
- 7 or more years of managerial experience leading the areas of OPEXC, lean and/or continuous improvement is required, preferably in an automotive OEM, Tier 1 Supplier or Best-In-Class Organization.
- 10 years of professional experience with focus on operations and supply chain and with industrial engineering knowledge.
- Lean Enterprise Certification
What are the preferred qualifications?
- MBA preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
To be a great fit for the role:
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in leading sustained, successful CI transformation. Track record of delivering results.
- Experience leading improvement projects in a manufacturing environment with proven results.
- Experience working globally and cross-culturally.
- Experience leading and developing teams.
- Experience Successfully leading significant change.
- Program development, implementation and change management experience.
- Influencing without authority.
- Patience, perseverance and passion to drive the OPEXC Culture across the plant.
- Credibility and experience working effectively and directly with the management of teams.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills (written and verbal) at all levels from the shop floor to top management (Strong team leader).
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Analytical thinking with a drive to create innovative solutions for sustainability.