As a Risk Manager in Capital One’s Card Technology Risk Management team you will apply your risk management skills, combined with analytical and project management to our Top of House (TOH) Card Technology Risk Management projects.
You will partner with colleagues across Card to deliver results that have a direct impact on customer experience and implement Risk solutions to ensure Capital One’s continued stability and success.
Responsibilities require partnering with a broad set of leaders and stakeholders to identify existing and potential emerging risk in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded.
This person plays a critical role in driving visibility to Risk and Operational governance and reporting for the Card Tech Leadership Team and beyond.
This role requires someone who pays close attention to the details, has strong communication skills, and someone with the confidence to challenge the status quo and drive step change improvements.
- Perform, continuously improve and provide Risk and Executive reporting
- Analyze information to proactively identify risks, trends, and process improvements and work with extended leadership and/or tech teams to resolve or align on approach
- Own, support and align timely delivery of regular monthly, semi-annual and quarterly deliverables, including research and preparation of content, reviews and approvals before delivery
- Support the development of risk management and reporting that drives meaningful conversations, accountability and awareness within the Card Tech
- To facilitate a proactive approach and develop a hyper awareness of Card Tech’s risk posture, cultivate relationships cross-functionally with Finance, Cyber, Tech Risk, ORM, ES Risk, Business Risk Office, Audit and Power Up
- Work with team to provide oversight and guidance during risk/controls assessments (New Product, Marketing, and Initiative Governance (NPMIG), Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs), Top Risks, and Technology Risk Controls Continuous Monitoring and Testing Team (CCM), etc.)
- Influence partners within CSBT and key business groups
- Collaborate effectively with 2nd line of defense (Compliance, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Cyber Risk Management, etc.) and 3rd line of defense (Audit and Credit Review) on critical deliverables
- Participate in risk/controls forums and contributing to continuous improvement of risk management practices and processes
- Deliver ad hoc requests to support broader deliverables for the Tech Leadership and teams, as needed
- Develop and manage Business Continuity Plans
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 7 years of Process Management experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Data Engineering, or Technology Process Management
- At least 3 years of experience creating business risk presentations and reporting for Executive stakeholders
- At least 2 years of Agile experience
- Process Management LEAN certification or Process Management Six Sigma certification
- 6+ years of experience working within a technical environment
- 6+ years of experience in Audit, Risk, Compliance or related functions
- 6+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Process Manager in a highly regulated industry
- 7+ years of experience in complex problem solving
- 6+ years’ experience working cross-functionally, individually, leading work among a team, and communicating across all levels of leadership
- 2+ years of experience with JIRA Kanban management and metrics
- 2+ years of experience with PRIME, Archer, and ServiceNow
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.