Cornerstone Building Brands
As the CI/Quality Manager you’ll have the opportunity to develop, refine, and lead the quality and continuous improvement efforts within the Lansing facility in collaboration with the leadership team, department resources and manufacturing teams at large.
- Manage and provide leadership to quality function and resources, as well as continuous improvement initiatives within the plant.
- Maintain QMS systems, and conduct audits of all plant specific quality system procedures for effectiveness.
- Utilizes LEAN/Six Sigma and systematic problem solving tools and practices to drive and improve manufacturing processes.
- Collaborates with Maintenance to ensure that Preventative and Predictive maintenance practices and metrics are established, monitored and followed.
- Prepare and provide control over plant’s QA budget.
- Provide solutions through designated channels for identified quality problems, customer complaints, warranty claims, and verify that controls exist to eliminate nonconformances.
- Participates in the employment process for employees by conducting interviews as necessary, and conduct Quality orientation for all new employees.
- Participates in budget/capital equipment budget for plant operations.
- Responsible for reporting quality metric information on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, using the information to analyze root cause, and initiating corrective actions.
- Host and facilitate product certification audits.
- Develop and update quality standards, work instructions, control plans, inspection and test instructions, process instructions and quality records.
- Maintain work instructions, calibration records, line audits, part drawings, voice of customer data, and PM records electronically.
- Actively collaborate with maintenance, operations personnel, supply chain, and suppliers to maintain and improve productivity, quality and safety.
- Work with operations to gather support information and provide updates on process status.
- Provide technical leadership in assigned processes. Act to continuously improve and expand the sites core process capabilities.
- Lead standardization efforts in assigned processes. Look for standardization approaches for machine designs and work processes to maximize plant standardization, operational efficiency.
- Develop robust processes and architecture via use of tools such as PQA & Six Sigma.
- Use Six Sigma tools for process capability studies, statistical process control determination, measurement system analysis, and development of process control systems.
- Monitors fabrication/equipment changes in the facility and makes recommendations for upgrades in equipment.
- Coordinates and leads dunk tank and waterwall activities.
- Assist and Develop 5s program instructions for defined work areas, by duties, with Supervisors and Managers.
- Is a conduit for best practice sharing between facilities in the US Windows Group.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Strategic Thinking: Understand, develop and implement the Silverline strategic vision.
- Personal Effectiveness: Apply personal strengths and seek opportunities for development. Recognize personal limitations and actively work to continuously improve self.
- Develop Talent: Develop a world-class staff and ensure that we expand and maximize the use of our human resources.
- Execute the Work: Produce or support achievement of business results through effective implementation of assigned job responsibilities.
- Build and Lead Effective Organizations: Work effectively with others to create teams that collaboratively and constructively produce outstanding business results using a variety of methods.
- Build and Maintain Business Relationships: Establish and maintain business relationships with internal or external customers.
- Achieve Profitability: Meet or exceed financial goals consistently. Act as a Silverline business owner through practicing fiscal responsibility.
- Leverage Expertise: Develop and utilize expertise in areas related to your position and the corporate strategy.
- Leadership Capability: A natural, unforced ability to inspire people to give their utmost toward a group objective.
- Ability to Manage Change: The ability to create in others the willingness to embrace and drive change.
- Ability to gather, read, analyze, and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and supporting documents.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply such concepts as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical
- or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information to production teams as well as top management in appropriate format.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and documents.
- Advanced computer skills: Excel, Word, GroupWise, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
- Minimum 3 years related manufacturing experience
- BS/BA degree in quality, engineering, or related field
- Window manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong technical and mechanical acumen
- Advanced communication skills (including effective customer communications/presentations)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies, certification a plus
- Project management, Continuous Improvement methodology, root cause analysis, value stream mapping.