Can you lead and influence a large multi-level team with the insight, innovation and impact to drive activities to achieve cost targets and improve performance in the areas of true efficiency, safety, quality and supply chain capability while ensuring compliance quality objectives are met along with developing outstanding talent? If so, we would love to have you on our team!
The Accelerate Department Manager role is designed as a 6 - month leadership training program. You will receive a customized on-boarding plan to assimilate and develop the necessary skillset in preparation for an accelerated career path as a PepsiCo Leader.
**Upon completion of the training program, you may be required to relocate to another site**. You will receive certification that you have acquired the necessary foundational skills and be promoted to Department Manager or other leadership equivalency.
- Identify and coordinate improvements in the operations area necessary to meet the variance commitments for the plant and cost objectives. Ensure that cost gaps are identified, action plans developed, and adequate resources allocated to meet all financial objectives
- Achieve all productivity, quality, cost, delivery, safety & motivation Key Performance Indicators objectives.
- Provide a work environment which adheres to all compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Evaluate business unit capabilities, skills, and resource alignment to ensure performance against objectives. Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide executional excellence
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement that meets or exceeds division expectations.
- Establish clear performance and behavioral expectations for all employees
- Maintain an effective performance management process reviewing all direct reports’ progress against mid-year and annual plans and continually develop their effectiveness as leaders and technical practitioners, as well as providing opportunity for career development
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership, driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Lead the identification and elimination of losses resulting in improvements in costs, inventory, time and quality.
- Provide active and positive leadership in the effort to drive the cultural across the facility
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field) or equivalent experience required
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- 4+ years of experience in manufacturing required
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Ability to interface effectively with plant personnel, outside contractors and different functional groups within the business units
- Demonstrated leadership in safety & environmental compliance
- Strong innovative external focus with proven ability to affect sustainable change
- Must be very effective working in a volatile and complex environment and work with a sense of urgency that drives effective results
- Strong influence management and communication skills, ability to gain organizational buy-in
- High levels of analytical and financial skills, ability to use data to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities and accurately assess financial impacts
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of an organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- You are a motivator and coach - you are skilled in performance management and development
- You love to win and get results with your team
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Pipeline