We are looking for a person responsible for optimizing manufacturing processes while improving safety, quality, and productivity methods while actively contributing to achieve key performance indicators and company goals.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant by developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements change to current manufacturing processes by analyzing production, labor standards, and material cost, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements.
- Provide design input to the New Product Development (NPD) and Design to Value (DTV) engineering teams to ensure optimal manufacturability.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, equipment layout and establishing and implementing Design For Manufacture (DFM) plans
- Evaluates capital equipment investments, prepares cost justifications and manages the overall implementations of capital equipment projects.
- Conduct make-vs-buy analysis of components of the existing product.
What are the basic qualifications?
- (4) year degree is required; a degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- 3 years Engineering experience with implementing and design manufacturing.
To be a great fit for the role:
- Strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skill (verbal and written).
- Ability to build trust and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to improve complex manufacturing systems
- Coordinate and support new product introduction, and department expansions
- Presentation of technical information
- Experience with 2D CAD (3D is a plus)
- Provide accurate and timely project progress and results tracking.
- Lead advanced problem solving teams as assigned.
- A proven track record in engineering leadership as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices
- Experience with facility layout design
- Experienced in fabrication equipment and tooling
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and polyurethane foaming
- Lean and Six Sigma manufacturing expertise.