As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager at Wegmans, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineering professionals and driving continuous improvement and growth within our food manufacturing facilities. You will use engineering principles to execute creative and unique solutions for equipment and product improvements, partnering closely with senior business leaders to ensure the success and profitability of the facility.
What will I do?
- Drive effectiveness in bringing new products to market and corresponding profits, while seeking unique solutions for challenges and opportunities for improvement
- Identify conceptual designs to equipment and process production changes, ensuring future production needs are being met
- Influence leadership decisions, and provide strategic direction on project selection, integration of resources, and prioritization of work
- Partner with stakeholders to understand market trends and product opportunities; analyze store and customer feedback to integrate with future facility improvements
- Oversee and monitor the progress of all projects through multiple steps, ensure they are on-time and in budget; identify project synergies across areas and communicate/present project updates to leadership
- Lead identification, implementation and budgeting of capital projects; provide leadership with recommendations and feedback on facility’s strategic vision; Partner with Accounting to evaluate project return on investments, and provide estimates on proposed equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 7 or more years work experience managing large complex projects
- Experience leading and implementing continuous improvement principles in an operation
- Experience leading a team of Engineers in a manufacturing environment
- Certification and/or experience with operations excellence methodologies (ex. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Food Manufacturing experience
- Skilled in Enterprise Management
- Experience leading or managing capital projects