The incumbent in this job will be responsible for leading, directing and managing the Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement to advance the business resulting in cost and/or quality improvements. Applies knowledge of Six Sigma processes to direct, lead and support multidisciplinary improvement processes that require evaluation, planning, implementation and follow up. Leads root cause analysis, provides analytical and financial analyses/studies, and drives non-capital improvements at regional facilities, leveraging available improvement tools such as Six Sigma and Lean. Individual identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of our process lines and overall plant operations by reviewing plant performance. Directs the coordination and management of all defined and/or group initiated process improvement activities, personnel and other resources involved in the analysis, planning, implementation, documentation and support of operations process improvement projects.
- Apply and teach Six Sigma and Lean Business Process Tools and Methods to improve Engineering Management Processes: Will use and teach tools and apply engineering management process knowledge and methods to the factory, Black Belts, Green Belts and subject matter experts for Six Sigma and Lean projects.
- Will provide analysis, recommendations for improvement, reporting, and technical support to all employees, managers, and their staffs, to help develop, coach and lead multifunctional teams to work on projects at their regional facilities in order to make improvements to operational performance, product quality, and processes.
- Support the Strategic Plan for J,R. Simplot: Mentor and advises facilities on prioritizing, charting, and launching projects that support the strategic direction of the Simplot organization. Will develop plan to integrate the Six Sigma approach into the business strategy and deliver enhancements resulting in cost quality, and process improvements.
- Monitors and Ensures that Lean Processing and Six Sigma Breakthrough Steps are Correctly Applied: Monitors and ensures that teams are actively applying the Lean Processing and Six Sigma breakthrough steps in a correct manner to solve chronic problems, remove waste, and to plan new services or products. Will monitor the progress and ensure that each location is aligning projects with business objectives and the strategic plan.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- Black Belt Certification - Juran Institute Trained
- Knowledge is required in the areas of Lean Manufacturing, Juran Six Sigma, statistics, production methods, quality standards, food processing GMP's with food/feed processing experience.
- Demonstrated expense savings from Six Sigma projects of significant size.
- Incumbent required to potentially work weekends and off shifts. Individual must be flexible and willing to alter schedule on a short notice.