Principal Duties and Responsibilities
•Manages multiple manufacturing departments that include a staff of production supervisors,, engineers, clerks and hourly production employees.
- Understands annual budgets for assigned value streams and executes continuing operations within the budgets.
- Performance manages staff for optimum output and develops top performers for leadership roles.
•Intimately understands the Zimmer Quality System, how departments impact the quality system and ensures compliant execution of all functions within scope of assigned departments.•Ensures all employees within scope of assigned departments know the Quality Policy, Pledge and how their job performance can impact the quality of products.
- Drives manufacturing performance to meet overall site objectives as demonstrated by defined KPIs for operation.
- Drives continuous improvement in the key competencies of Safety, Quality, Customer Service and Productivity.
- Develops and grows organization’s capabilities in Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and Business Continuity Planning.
Expected Areas of Competence
•Thoroughly understands factory operations, including cell layout and resource allocations that deliver the required output and optimize cell costs with lead-time.
- Able to apply lean and six sigma tools as appropriate to continually improve operational performance.
- Understands and complies with regulatory requirements (Quality Systems Regulations, ISO, MDD, Quality Manual, EHS, etc) as they apply to implantable medical devices.
- Demonstrates ability to partner with supporting functions to deliver required results.
- Understands key drivers of manufacturing financial variances including, absorption, spend, MUV, and scrap. Also understands basics of standard cost components for individual products within scope of assigned departments.
- Recognizes opportunities for standardization of practices and processes across the manufacturing network and leads efforts to drive corresponding synergies.
- Utilizes leadership and motivational skills to expedite completion of critical project tasks with other functional groups. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
B.S. in Engineering, Technology, Science or Business with a minimum of 6-8 years related experience with 3 to 5 years of management experience in engineering, operations or related field.