Mentor, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies' Medical Device portfolio, is recruiting for a Manufacturing (Operations) Manager.
Mentor is a leading supplier of breast implants in the global aesthetic market. The company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative, science-based products for surgical and non-surgical medical procedures that allow breast surgery patients to improve their quality of life. The company is focused on two strategic areas: breast reconstruction and breast augmentation. MENTOR® is the only manufacturer whose silicone breast implants are made in the U.S.A. For over 20 years, more than 5 million women have chosen MENTOR® Breast Implants.
The Manufacturing Manager will be a critical position at the Mentor Irving site to service customers through the operation of an effective manufacturing area. This role will manage performance through production personnel to improve quality and output in a manufacturing operation and accountable for achieving production targets while maintaining cost controls.
The Manager leads production operations and works to meet production goals which include effectively teaming with operations, functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the flow and use of material, machine and human resources.
As a Manufacturing Manager, the role will involve managing manufacturing supervisors and working closely with Process Engineers for process improvement initiatives within the production areas. The role will involve Coaching, mentoring, and developing personnel. The role will require encouraging a cultural philosophy of carrying out individual responsibility within a teamwork environment and collaborating with a number of functional groups delivering projects in the value stream such as New Production Introductions, process improvement and manufacturing engineering.
- Assures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in compliance with safety and environmental regulations to achieve the best EHS performance in the industry.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate independent understanding and application of core GMP fundamentals, including but not limited to: Data Integrity (DI), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP_, and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
- Plan production operations, prioritizing and sequence manufacturing products while establishing direction and strategies for product flow throughout the production area.
- Analyzes production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
- Creates and revises standard operational and working practices and observes employees to ensure compliance.
- Establishes, manages and implements cost actions to improve performance towards the operational budget.
- Plan for capital and operating funds vital to support current and future business need.
- Analyzes and trend equipment maintenance and repair reports to understand manufacturing impact
- Responsible for presenting business-related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Business Unit team
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required; focused degree preferred in Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of cGMPs and proven leadership behaviors are required.
- Experience identifying and implementing continuous improvement is required.
- Must demonstrate a mastery of the analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues.
- Must be capable of making effective executive management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the inter-relationships of related subject areas and key activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills specifically Advanced Excel.
- Proficient communication, both written and verbal
- Previous People Leadership experience leading salary or hourly employees in a production environment.
- Strong organizational and time leadership skills, with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Certificates (Black Belt or Green Belt) is preferred.
- Technical writing skills, including authoring technical/user documentation (e.g., impact assessments or design specifications)
- Exposure to software IQ/OQ/PQ
- Experience working on customer facing initiatives
- Requires up to 10% domestic and international travel