Facebook Reality Labs develops AR/VR to bring together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The AR/VR Technology Engineering Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs in core technology and delivering them to market at scale. The Technology Engineering Camera Team seeks a Manufacturing Process Engineer.
- Working with cross functional teams, the engineer will develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and process of new camera and sensor devices.
- Responsibilities include conducting equipment evaluations, defining initial tooling needs, improving process robustness, developing and optimizing process to meet overall technology roadmap performance requirements.
- In the course of development, the engineer will manage and lead third party suppliers, manage lab setup, investigate and reports root cause of problems, follows up with corrective actions, and will be heavily involved in product realization and bring-up.
- Bachelors degree in Physics, Electromechanical, Microelectronics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or related Engineering degree and/or experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in consumer device
- Experience in manufacturing process such as SMT, Wire-Bond, Adhesive Dispensing, Alignment, and Mechanical Assembly Methodology (Heat Staking, Ultrasonic Welding, Over-molding, Screw Driving, Laminating, and Press Activation of PSA – Pressure Sensitive Adhesive)
- Familiar with DOE (Design of Experiments) techniques
- Experience translating and statistically analyzing data while effectively report problems through graphical formats
- Experience working in a cross-functional teams
- Experience working in standard automation within cameras, sensors, or fiber optics manufacturing process
- Experience in Micro-electronics and IC packaging (COB-Chip On Board & SMT-Surface Mount Technology)
- Experience using statistical software (i.e., JMP, Minitab, etc.)
- Working Knowledge of Statistical Process Control or SPC
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience developing and implementing precise metrology and inspection solutions using optical, laser scanning & SEM equipment