Manufacturing Quality Engineer II will be responsible for executing the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure the delivered product is consistent with Meggitt’s engineering drawings, specifications, government and/or aviation regulations and customer requirements. The quality engineer will provide engineering support for all aspects of product realization from design controls to build, test and delivery while working collaboratively with functions of the organization.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Execute the development, implementation and the continued improvement of the Quality Management System throughout the organization.
- Evaluate and disposition of non-conforming material and customer returns. Work with supplier quality to put in place inspection cards for receiving inspection and ensure requirements’ flow-down to suppliers.
- Create compliance matrices for customer flow-down, contractual and/or technical, and author/tailor quality assurance plans.
- Lead and support customer, internal and thirty party audits as required.
- Analyze quality metrics, make recommendations to reduce customer escapes, the seven wastes of lean and successfully implement solutions.
- Champion failure investigations and complaint resolution for customer escapes, drive issues to root cause and implement robust corrective actions.
- Partner with Engineering and participate in planning and reviews associated with product testing.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to solve fabrication problems as they arise. Participate in PFMEAS creation and produce appropriate control plans. Complete gauge studies, evaluate process capability and implement process control plans.
- Participate in quality clinics and Kaizen events to support continuous improvement
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science or related field is required
Years of experience: 3+ years of relevant experience
Required Skills :
- Experience with AS 9100 and/or ISO9001 quality management systems, and experience in an aerospace-related manufacturing environment.
- Configuration and Data Management, and implementation of internal and contractual quality requirements
- Ability to collaborate with program cross-functional team members to apply effective solutions to problems
- Data extraction and analysis skills. Strong written/verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Minitab, Discus, Visual FAIR or other FAI software.
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to drive for results and bring actions to closure in a timely manner.
- Sense of urgency
- Familiar with technical procedures, specifications, standards, and other engineering and manufacturing related documents
- Familiar with and has some practical experience of Six Sigma methodologies (e.g., Kaizen, Lean, DMAICl, PPAP) and tools (e.g., ANOVA, SPC, Capability Analysis, DOE, MSA, and FMEA)