The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for efficient and safe manufacturing processes through the supervision of production team members. This position must adhere to the production schedule and ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Lead entire off-shift operations while delivering key performance indicators (safety, quality, cost and service).
- Manage production, this may include other departments as necessary • Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage within labor and OPEX budget.
- Monitors the production process, makes periodic checks and adjusts equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise change overs.
- Manage overall package and product quality to ensure all standards and specifications are maintained.
- Implement process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze performance data in order to identify business opportunities.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of related supervisory experience.
- Requires experience managing people and performance metrics.
- Strong computer and database application skills.
- Self-motivated and disciplined team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer and database application skills
- Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and resolve process, systems, and/or mechanical failures.
- This position must pass post-offer background check and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or other Organizational Effectiveness practices
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)