Manager of Gas System Engineering & Standards: Manages the Gas System Engineering & Standards section to include supervision of staff engineers, designers, and clerical staff. Additionally, manages contracts for various engineering services, interfaces with various regulatory agencies and manages a variety of projects, processes and budgets.
Deadline to apply, June 11, 2021.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages staff engineers, designers and clerical staff as well as coordinating various engineering services contracts.
- Directs, monitors and reports on capital budget and O&M expenses for area.
- Monitors, makes recommendations and participates in the rule making process.
- Provides a leadership role in safety.
- Oversees implementation of existing compliance programs associated with the design of gas system facilities, including but not limited to the Texas Engineering Practice Act, the US Department of Transportation/ Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, the Texas Railroad Commission, the US Environmental Protection Agency, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the Texas Department of Transportation, Bexar County, and the City of San Antonio.
- Ensures designs comply with federal, state and local regulations, and provides guidance to operations for compliance.
- Coordinates with other gas managers to develop and implement training programs for engineers and designers.
- Oversees the development/maintenance of the Gas Design Manual and other internal processes
- Monitors and participates in the development of gas construction standards and specifications.
- Monitors and participates in the process for maintaining the O&M Manual.
- Oversees the development of the Gas Engineering procedures/SOPs.
- Oversees planning productivity for system improvement projects, civic improvement projects, and system renewal/reliability projects.
- Provides oversight and direction for environmental compliance.
- Monitors and participates in the CU development and the gas work management/designer processes.
- Monitors and oversees Contract Survey and Engineering Contracts/Contractors relative to the design of gas system facilities including review of fee proposals for contracted work, contractor performance, and timely renewal of contracts.
- Monitors and participates in the process of maintaining the Gas Long Range Plan for gas facilities.
- Monitors and participates in the process of maintaining and implementing as required the CPS Energy Gas Transmission and Distribution Integrity Management Programs.
- Maintains and improves internal customer relationships with gas construction, operations, Supply Chain, and other design areas.
- Maintains and improves external customer relationships with RRC staff, vendors, industry peers, and CPS Energy customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
- LEAN Six Sigma training & process improvement experience
- Past leadership experience
- Internal controls training