The Value Stream Leaders (VSL) is responsible for planning and performance across one or more work cells within the Advanced Products Center RI&S Product Line in McKinney.
This includes accountability for value stream product quality, schedule, cost and interface with Operations Program Managers on execution status, variances, and risks / opportunities.
The VSL will interface with cross functional teams within APC and RI&S to meet organizational goals and objectives to develop and maintain the factory’s strategic plan
The successful candidate must exhibit the ability to collaborate within a cross functional team to implement process improvement and waste reduction strategies within the product value stream as well as have the ability to collect production metric data-HPU, Rework, Scrap, Cycle Time, RTY, etc. and utilize this data to establish and implement cost improvement projects.
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas. The candidate must be capable and willing to work extended hours when required.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 6 years direct related experience in production, manufacturing, operations, or similar environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team based cross-functional environment.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Strong team and individual developmental skills in support of customer concerns
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- U.S. Citizenship is required as the position requires the ability to access U.S. only data systems
U.S. Citizenship is required as the position requires the ability to access U.S. only data systems
- Proficient in Shop Floor Management tool CMES
- Six Sigma Certified
- Proposal experience
- EVMS Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, Mathematics Business or Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, Mathematics Business or Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or related field