Nurse Practitioner – Quality Management
$87,876 - $113,568 annual salary
Established to oversee and provide timely access to health care within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s 35 adult correctional institutions, California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is quickly becoming a leader in the field of correctional medicine. To achieve this designation, CCHCS employs a vast network of health care professionals dedicated to quality management improvements throughout our health system.
CCHCS is seeking a Nurse Practitioner with a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt ready to apply their skills and knowledge within our organization’s expanding Quality Management (QM) Program.
This rare opportunity is based out of CCHCS’ Regional Office in Bakersfield. In collaboration with and under the direction of the Statewide Associate Director of QM, you will:
- Provide leadership and, using L6S tools and techniques, serve as the project lead and program coordinator for CCHCS’ Lean Six Sigma (L6S) Program
- Facilitate committees, workgroups, and multidisciplinary teams to analyze and address quality problems using the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control methodology
- Collaborate with executives to develop implementation strategies, program processes, and associated documentation while resolving project barriers
- Provide guidance and support to the QM Lean Office in developing a strategic plan for the L6S program, including mission, vision, objectives, and performance measures in alignment with statewide priorities
- Represent the QM Lean Office in meetings with stakeholders, including representatives of other state agencies, and QM experts from both public and private sectors
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- Current CA RN licensure and NP Furnishing certificate
- High level of knowledge of health care quality improvement concepts
In return for your efforts, we offer all of the benefits and security of employment with the State of California, including:
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in five years
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans
- Relocation assistance for those new to State service
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- And much more...