The Operational Excellence Leader leads and directs all Continuous Improvement activity across the Site. Provides leadership and delivery of improvement programs to increases the Site’s competitiveness. Personal delivery of Lean Sigma Black Belt projects and the coaching of Green Belts / Kaizens / A3s as the lead source of expertise on the application of lean sigma tools and techniques.
Drives the High Performance System (HPS), which is the Lean business system and continuous improvement approach at Meggitt across the business and aligns with all functions on HPS. Acts as the interface between the site and the Product group/Division/Corporate in all Improvement/HPS matters.
Leads the business with regard to Business Continuity and Risk Management alongside ensuring effective strategy deployment into the site and its execution.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Delivery of business improvements and cost savings through the delivery of improvement Projects
- Drive Value stream mapping exercises and process enhancements through hands on approach.
- Effective coaching to increase capabilities across the site for Lean manufacturing systems, Green Belts and problem solving (Kaizen/A3s)
- Leads the deployment of the Meggitt HPS and lead plan to increase in the business maturity along the HPS stages.
- Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of complex business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements in support of business goals.
- This is an on-site position with accountability for the lean vision and high performance system (HPS) roadmap current performance and future strategy.
- Leads Business Continuity and Risk Management alongside strategy deployment.
Certifications: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Years' Experience: 5-7 years Manufacturing experience, ideally in lean operations leadership
- Results focused with track record of delivery of improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross functional coordination
- Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tool(s)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Power Bi, Tableau, Jira, Outlook, and web browsers