The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for oversight, direction and leadership of the operational excellence team of specialists supporting multiple sites and the program management office (PMO). All OE-related projects fall under the OE Manager’s area of responsibility. They include, but are not limited to: Quality management system (QMS), continuous improvement, quantitative analytics and forecasting, measures & metrics, audit project support and implementation, policy development.
The OE manager will have direct-report OE Leads responsible for running projects in assigned areas and will assign projects based upon customer and PMO priorities in order to maximize the sites’ abilities to meet contractual requirements. Personnel oversight, project leadership, stakeholder communication, monitoring, tracking and enforcement of related assignments are responsibilities within this role and the ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership, provide management support for multiple teams of contractors across multiple facilities are necessary skills for success in this role.
As the Operations Excellence Manager, you will:
- Support program leadership in managing to performance standards through the analysis of performance metrics, processes and practices to identify existing and emerging trends.
- Identifiycontinuous improvement opportunities that support the customer, its mission, participants, beneficiaries and fellow team members in a cost effective, operationally efficient manner.
- Provide technical guidance and support to program leadership and program stakeholders through projects that impact program performance and support the strategic goals of the customer.
- Ensure delivery of departmental goals, objectives, policies, procedures and other associated project tasks or deliverables assigned to OE teams.
- Collaborate with Site Service Manager and Operations Project Managers to ensure enablers are in place to support operations.
- Ensure departmental engagement goals are met.
- Deliver presentations in customer and stakeholder meetings and initiatives.
- Ensure delivery of all required reporting visuals for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure contractual deliverables for the department are met or exceeded.
- Identifiy and mitigates risks and issues as related to personnel & people.
- Identifiy program and site risks to the sustained achievement of contractual requirements for quality, timeliness and security, to include the identification of root causes associated with those risks and effective strategies for the mitigation/elimination of those root causes.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelors degree in business management or equivalent degree in an associated field from an accredited institution.
- 5- 7 years experience managing and administering contracts or projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products (PPT, Word, Excel, etc)
- Public Trust Clearance is Required
- Lean Six Sigma certificate or equivalent strongly preferred