The Operational Excellence Manager is accountable for delivering Operational improvements by diagnosing, creating future state design, and implementing sustainable improvements using the tools available in the Guerbet’s Transformation Playbook/plan. The Operational Excellence lead is accountable for identifying candidates for training and certification to support ongoing projects. The Site Operational Excellence Manager will collaborate with other Guerbet Operational Excellence functions, Site leadership teams, production personnel, Site Operational Excellence personnel and other trained/certified resources to ensure that improvement opportunities are identified using diagnostic tools, prioritized, and implemented, based upon business impact, and maintains responsibility for sustaining improvements or efficiencies that have been implemented. The Site Operational Excellence Manager will provide regular updates on progress, issues and achievements to site leadership.
What you will be responsible for
- Identifies and prioritizes opportunities for improved efficiency, higher yield, waste reduction, etc. that deliver value to the business using diagnostic tools in the Guerbet Playbook/Plan.
- Creates future state implementation plans and implements sustainable cost savings projects.
- Manages multiple Operational Excellence projects simultaneously.
- Ensures adequate resources are identified and assigned to prioritized projects
- Collaborates with finance to validate and track business value of projects
- Shares best practices with other sites
- Collaborates with other Operational Excellence leaders in the network to identify and assign resources to projects across the Guerbet network that drive business value
- Ensures that the Diagnostic, Design, and Implementation tools in the Guerbet Transformation playbook/plan are consistently utilized to identify and implement improvement projects.
- Ensures that improvements in efficiency are sustained post-implementation and that continuous improvements targets are in place and achieved
- Leads by example, instilling skillsets and mindsets across the site to drive towards a continuous improvement culture. Coaches and mentors site personnel accordingly.
Business Acumen/Lean Problem Solving
- Makes informed decisions based on the business drivers for the manufacturing site and the site strategy.
- Uses knowledge of Guerbet manufacturing operations and organization, coupled with a sound knowledge of value proposition tools and techniques to identify improvement opportunities
- Earns the respect of the leadership team through hands on implementation of improvement opportunities.
- Able to effectively teach lean and process improvement techniques; coaches and mentors site personnel in techniques and mindsets
- Leads by example – highly skilled in root cause analysis and problem solving
- Coaches and develops Operational Excellence team members through classroom and shop floor training.
- Educates the general site population to develop a basic level of understanding of the Operational Excellence tools and processes, and to instill a mindset and culture towards continuous improvement
- Role model who is comfortable with hands on approach.
- Interfaces with Guerbet Change Management SMEs to ensure effective change management across the site and the development of change management skills in OPEX resources
- Effectively communicates upcoming projects and current project status to the site, site leadership and other Operational Excellence functions within the network if applicable.
- Interfaces with Communications SMEs to communicate project related information when needed
- Leads/Coaches and assists the Operational Excellence and other trained resources to resolve conflicts and eliminate barriers to implementing improvements.
- Identifies stakeholders and ensures inclusion in decision making processes and alignment regarding the improvement opportunity as appropriate.
- B.S. or B.A in a technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical manufacturing with cGMP requirements
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Demonstrated record of delivering transformational operational improvements.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and drive change, even in times of uncertainty
- Strong practitioner in collaboration, inclusion and coaching
- Strong Communication skills and ability to manage messaging based on audience
- Strong business acumen including business case development
- Project Management skills including experience in managing multi-faceted projects across a diverse set of processes and organizations
- Ability to prioritize business initiatives using data driven diagnostic tools
- Displays managerial courage
- Ability to succeed in a matrix organization
- Aspirational – seeks to drive results beyond requirements