This position will report to the Worcester Plant Manager with responsibility for leading Operational Excellence initiatives across the acquisition, including metal fabrication and assembly processes. Provides overall management of the Operational Excellence function by driving business metrics through lean implementation. Also responsible for warranty and customer quality, new product quality assurance through ProLaunch and quality systems, and EBS and ELSS implementation. In addition to plant focused responsibilities, this role supports PQO-A OPEX initiatives including the BSC, EBEA, and cost out. Proactively drive continuous product and process improvement efforts through the implementation of Quality assurance methods and Lean and Six Sigma Tools. Lead OPEX integration initiatives at the Worcester Plant and in the field. Serve as quality liaison with installation and engineering groups. Responsible for warranty and customer quality functions. Responsible for new product quality through Prolaunch and quality systems. Direct the OPEX function to meet plant objectives with a focus on assembly and fabrication process improvement which include all aspects of sheet metal fabrication and finishing.
In this function you will:
- Lead Eaton Business System implementation and EBE Assessments in partnership with Plant Manager.
- Responsible for the collection of data and reporting of the Balanced Score Card.
- Lead cost out data tracking and analysis.
- Collaborate with OPEX Managers located at other facilities.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as necessary and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals with respect to Operational Excellence.
- General knowledge of Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience including management of direct reports and manufacturing and operational processes
- The candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- CQM or CQE.
- Knowledge with Eaton Business System.
- Experience managing technical resources and sheet metal fabrication processes (flexible CNC equipment, stamping presses and dies, brake forming and powder paint lines)
- Proven leadership capability with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to drive results by developing and empowering teams.
- Strong Six Sigma process improvement knowledge and experience.
- Proven experience in process development, implementation and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools/methods (Six Sigma, 8D, etc.), goal setting, and performance tracking.
- Proficient knowledge of product assurance methods and quality systems.