Illumina is looking for an exceptional operational excellence leader to join our Global Operational Excellence team. This team is responsible for deploying Illumina’s operational excellence program at each of our global sites and value streams. This role fills a critical position in the organization by supporting and leading the OpEx program within the Foster City ILS space.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in leading lean/six sigma initiatives, coaching and mentoring teams, facilitating Kaizen or Rapid Improvement Everts, as well as leading large scale projects. This role will be closely partnering with local leadership to continue to drive the OpEx program maturity within the Foster City Illumina Site, while also contributing to the continuous improvement of our global OpEx program.
- Serve as Sensei for Illumina’s ILS groups.
- Teach and lead improvements resulting in a gemba and visual workplace daily management environment
- Apply the principles of `waste reduction’; muda, muri, and mura
- Drive measurable improvements in quality, material control, throughput, flexibility, and cost
- Mentor site leaders, engineers, and shop floor supervisors to instill the disciplines to drive a transition to a lean thinking enterprise
- Serve as a subject matter expert for operations in a regulated environment (GMP, TPS or equivalent).Develop, participate, and lead training sessions in Lean, kaizen, and problem-solving methods
- Identify, scope, resource, and execute large-scale cross-functional projects aimed at reduction of waste
- Work with department managers and team members to define the implementation strategies for continuous improvement across the organization
- Support policy deployment activities to define strategic objectives and metrics for the organization
- Develop appropriate tools and methods to sustain improvements across the organization
- Promote analytical problem solving through the application of statistical control methodology
- Incorporate the use of Lean tools and methods in team activities and business problem solving
- Develop data collection and retrieval tools for organizational use
- Develop and implement supervisory level control solutions
- 7+ years of continuous improvement leadership applying the elements of lean/operational excellence with 1-3 years of experience at a manager level or above
- Expertise in leading Lean Kaizen events in a manufacturing environment is required
- Experience and track record making a rapid measurable improvements through the implementation of lean methods in a company respected and admired for operational excellence
- Strong process engineering and data analysis skills required
- Familiarity with shop floor and desk top software such as MS Office, MES, LIMS, Etc.
- Project Team leadership experience
- Experience mentoring and teaching others
- Ability to influence manufacturing leaders and support organizations
- Energetic and positive enthusiasm disposition
- Experience in CLIA Labs/IVD/Med Device industry is a plus. Familiarity with SAP ERP is a plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate required with a Black Belt Certification preferred