ICU Medical, Inc.
The OpEx Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing Continuous Improvement and Process Improvement team to drive operational excellence. You will initiate and drive Lean and Six Sigma initiatives to improve performance across a range of key measures through application of DMAIC and LEAN fundamentals deployment. You will lead and execute major process improvement and cost savings projects, to deliver financial results within specified time frames. You will also analyze current operations to identify new project opportunities and financial benefits, determine key drivers to meet business objectives and monitor, track, and report on progress of improvement activity. Ability to identify waste, develop specific proposals and execution plans for improvement projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, Establish and Implement the OpEx program, which includes disciplines such as lean transformation, right first time, six sigma (DMAIC), etc.
- Drive initiatives to improve performance across a range of key measures (Supply, Cost, Quality, Safety).
- Work towards process excellence based on value stream improvement plans and improvement of key plant business processes.
- Analyze key OpEx-related operational metrics related to the plant Scorecard and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- Work with site leaders to develop CI plans and partner with them for ongoing prioritization and tracking of the progress.
- Continually improve the capability of the OpEx organization through ongoing development activities and identification of key talent.
- Adhere to cGMP’s, SOP’s and plant policies/guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong problem-solving ability using a DMAIC, PDCA, or 8D structure
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to speak to a diverse audience spanning from staff to executive levels
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans through influence, education and training
- Ability to work independently and make effective and critical decisions often with limited information and oversight
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with and include others in the organization
- Demonstrated passion for not accepting the status quo and relentlessly trying to improve the operation
- Open to doing things differently and have a track record of taking concepts and implementing locally
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Excel, Access.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience in Operations, Engineering, or project leadership, 7 preferred.
- Two years experience leading direct reports or overseeing projects is preferred.
- A background in Continuous Improvement is preferred.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt required.
- Ideal candidates will preferably have experience in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industries.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, project management, organizational and problem solving.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Typically requires travel less than 25% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Will work primarily in office environments.
- Work is sometimes performed in a clean room environment
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs unassisted.