The role is responsible to deploy the proven tools and processes of Eaton Business Systems (EBS), Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) and Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS); in order to drive performance excellence to improve competitiveness and customer satisfaction as measured through Eaton’s prescribed metrics and standard assessment practice. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager with functional report to the division OpEx manager while maintinaing a functional connection to the Global Quality Director. This role is a key member of the Leadership Team and promotes a plant culture of Continuous Improvement, Lean and Quality to drive change. Job duties support the creation and implementation of Eaton Lean Six Sigma strategies, which will lead to improvements in areas such as employee safety, quality performance, factory margins, product delivery performance and reductions in product/process variation. Also, they are responsible for warranty and customer quality, new product quality assurance through ProLaunch and quality systems, and EBS and ELSS implementation. Serve as quality liaison with installation and engineering groups.
In this function you will:
- Build ELSS organizational capability and develop local ELSS/CI Tool Champions by providing training and consulting support.
- Utilize change management techniques such as ADKAR to effectively drive and sustain process improvements.
- Lead the Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) deployment (visual controls, process standardization, leader standard work, Gemba walks, manning strategy, daily accountability, process checks and CI for everyone).
- Responsible for working with Plant and Divisional leadership in identifying high-priority areas for improvement from annual Plant level Value Stream Mapping rounds: in order to ensure ELSS efforts are aligned to and fully support Profit Plan and Strategic Plan goals.
- Plan and support successful kaizen / Rapid Improvement Events (RIE).
- Identify & promote Best-Practices within Plant and the Eaton Global Community of Best Practice sharing.
- Lead self-assessments, monitor assessment outcomes and corrective action plans, and impact on business results.
- Coach and mentor other functions (Quality(revmove), EHS, Production, etc.) in root cause analysis and problem-solving tools/methods (Six Sigma, 8D, etc.).
- Support the achievement of Plant Cost Out goals as established by Profit Plan.
- Manage and maintain the Cost Out project database and diagonal
- Responsible for driving quality systems (ISO, TS and others) manufacturing compliance to agency requirements (UL, ATEX and others) improving the Cost of Non Conformance and leading teams to reduce customer complaints.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited instiution is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years continuous improvement experience in an operations or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of one (1) year of quality experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This role does not offer relocation. To be considered for the role, you must live within 50 miles of the Worcester, MA facility.
- Demonstrated proficiency with lean manufacturing tools/elements (VSM, 5S, Std Work, Set-Up Reduction, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency with management of technical resources and sheet metal fabrication processes (flexible CNC equipment, stamping presses and dies, brake forming, and powder paint lines).
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety requirements and use of lean techniques in these environments
- Familiarity with ISO reqirements including participation in Audits
- CQM or CQE.
- Proficiency with components of Eaton Lean Six Sigma, Eaton Business System, MEHS, ProLaunch, etc.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- CQM or CQE.
- Knowledge with Eaton Business System.