The role is responsible to deploy the proven tools and processes of Eaton Business Systems (EBS) & Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) to drive performance excellence to improve competitiveness and customer satisfaction as measured through Eaton’s prescribed metrics and standard assessment practices. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager with functional report to the division OpEx manager. This role is a key member of the plant's Leadership Team and promotes a culture of Continuous Improvement. Job duties support the creation and implementation of Eaton Lean Six Sigma strategies, which will lead to improvements in areas such as employee safety and productivity to drive delivery performance superior financial results. The manufacturing plant has approximately 300 employees.
In this function you will:
- Build Eaton Lean Six Sigma organizational capability and develop local experts by providing training and consulting support.
- Utilize change management techniques such as ADKAR to effectively drive and sustain process improvements.
- Lead the Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) deployment (visual controls, process standardization, leader standard work, Gemba walks, manning strategy, daily accountability, process checks and CI for everyone).
- Responsible for working with Plant and Divisional leadership in identifying high-priority areas for improvement from annual Plant level Value Stream Mapping rounds: in order to ensure ELSS efforts are aligned to and fully support Profit Plan and Strategic Plan goals.
- Plan and support successful kaizen / Rapid Improvement Events (RIE).
- Identify & promote Best-Practices within Plant and the Eaton Global Community of Best Practice sharing.
- Lead self-assessments, monitor assessment outcomes and corrective action plans, and impact on business results.
- Coach and mentor other functions (EHS, Production, etc.) in root cause analysis and problem-solving tools/methods (Six Sigma, 8D, etc.).
- Support the achievement of Plant Cost Out goals as established by Profit Plan.
- Manage and maintain the Cost Out project database and diagonal
- Responsible for plant cost productivity metrics.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship both now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Sherman, TX facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with lean manufacturing tools/elements (VSM, 5S, Std Work, Set-Up Reduction, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety requirements and use of lean techniques in these environments
- Proficiency with components of Eaton Lean Six Sigma, Eaton Business System, MESH, ProLaunch, etc.
- Proven leadership capability with excellent communication skills.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to drive results by developing and empowering teams.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage capital projects
- Ability and desire to spend majority of time on the production floor, partnering with the operations team to solve problems.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast-paced environment