This position is instrumental in leading the execution of Operational Excellence within Bitdefender. The position is responsible for overseeing and managing Continuous Improvement and Transformational Improvement activities that drive operational excellence and key business outcomes.
While this position works under the supervision of the Director of OE, they are expected to conduct assessments of key business processes and operational mechanisms to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for financial benefits.
They will determine key drivers to meet business objectives and monitor, track, and report on progress of improvement activity. Ability to identify waste, develop specific proposals and execution plans for improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a subject matter expert related to Operational Excellence and Lean, as needed.
- Assists management in the creation, adoption, maintenance, and change/configuration management of departmental and company-wide Operational Excellence and Lean initiatives, processes, procedures, tools, and templates.
- Assists management in the development and maintenance of technology platforms used to host Operational Excellence and Lean programming information.
- Mentors and assists functional/operational staff in Operational Excellence activities, including value stream mapping, visual management, and process design/redesign.
- Mentors and assists project staff in Lean practices, DMAIC, and DFSS.
- Assists staff in the development of service, function, or project-specific elective practices.
- Interacts with internal organizations regarding technical issues, service/operation requirements, processes/procedures, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during Operational Excellence activities and corrective/preventative actions are taken to assure continuous process improvement.
- Able to apply PDCA cycle and create process/value stream maps to variety of operational and business processes.
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, and information required are properly prepared and reported.
- Potential exists to oversee / manage direct reports.
Mission Critical Outcomes:
- Able to work independently
- Advise management on implementation and effectiveness of Operational Excellence tools
- Accurately track status of multiple projects and helps management prioritize effort
- Able to leverage data analytics to support the identification and execution of improvements
- Communicates and teams with peers, supervisors and managers on assignments
- Passion for collaboration, innovation, team approaches and indirect people development
Preferred characteristics and experience:
- Experience in operational excellence, Lean Six Sigma, continuous improvement, and/or process improvement
- Experience with deploying Operational Excellence to achieve scale
- Familiarity with cybersecurity and/or technology industry
- Familiarity with support operations and world class customer outcomes
- Experience managing projects from planning through post-completion
- Experience with data analysis and modeling, and developing performance metrics
- Perform root-cause analysis and leading corrective actions
- Experience digital transformation and automation of operations
- College degree and/or a minimum of 5-10 years of project management and/or operations experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of working in an Operational Excellence, Lean Six Sigma, or Continuous Improvement capacity
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification