As a core member of the Operational Excellence team, this person will drive OpEx deployment at the plant.This individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills.This position reports to the plant manager with dotted reporting to the GBU/Region OpEx Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive OpEx program deployment at the site.
- Work closely with the site management to assist the site in their continuous improvement journey.
- Develop a site level OpEx deployment plan including EMS, VIP, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, iCare and others.
- Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Work with site leadership in installing organizational supports for Operation Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, etc.).
- Coach and mentor site Black Belt and Green Belt candidates to ensure timely completion of their quality and/or cost focused projects – ultimately leading to the candidate’s certification.
- Must have experience managing teams and developing support programs.
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology.
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent reading writing and verbal communication and platforms skills in local language as well as in English. Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem-solving skills.
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or another technical graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Black Belt, solid knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles with a minimum 5 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement success.