The Operational Improvement Manager is responsible for supporting the strategic direction and performance improvement initiatives of the organization. Works cross-functionally with subject matter experts and leadership to optimize operational processes and policies and identify processes/areas that will enable the achievement of the organization’s performance improvement goals.
Supports the VP in executing strategic objectives and internal improvements through direct oversight and coordination of internal department leads and escalating barriers back to the VP to ensure timely execution, delivery of intended outcomes, and tracking success of implementation.
- Successful execution of project plan with proven results for improvement following the project phase of the planned changes through identification of and tracking of clear metrics which drive our strategic goals
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement within Operations and based on member feedback and evolving needs
- Ensures the day-to-day operations are completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with organizational policies and values
- Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work and resolves issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner
- Develops and executes on short- and long-term goals for the department consistent with established organization goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain quality and improvement activities within operations and recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Work cross departmentally to collaborate on solutions and recommendations
- Work with external partners and leadership to identify needs
- Assess outcomes and obtain feedback for ongoing improvements and lessons learned
- Provide leadership internally on QI-related health information technology initiatives and assess opportunities versus existing gaps
- Guide and support efforts to improve quality and validity of data, the capacity and functionality of supporting IT systems, and to incorporate technology and the effective use of data into daily operations
- Performs data analysis and develop formulas/approaches to assess performance; summarize findings, interpret and communicate results and propose recommendations.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar or relevant role. 8 years of applicable experience desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field required, or experience equivalent
- Proven track record of effective business analysis, critical thinking, and effective outcomes for improvement
- Desired Certifications include: Six Sigma, PMP, Epic application certifications including but not limited to Epiccare, Prelude, Cadence and/or Resolute
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment.
- High Speed Internet Service.
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace.
- Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year