The RFC Operations team has an opening for an Operations Engineering Manager. This role is responsible for the leadership of a dedicated team of engineers whose mission is to maintain, enhance, and evolve the data infrastructure that supports Raytheon Technology’s flagship GaN foundry. The Operations Engineering Manager will be responsible for setting the standard and driving operational excellence through continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principles. As part of the data infrastructure, this role will also be responsible coordinating the support and maintenance of the Eyelit Manufacturing Execution System (MES). This role is a critical link between the Enterprise IT service and the local management, configuration, and optimization of the MES to support the complex and data driven manufacturing environment. This position requires an understanding of foundry processes in order to promote Statistical Process Control (SPC), automated data collection through industry standard interfaces, and enhanced MES process modules and equipment models. This position will also leverage data analysis skills and Lean Manufacturing concepts to support the design and maintenance of Tableau dashboards used to drive manufacturing results.
The individual must be able to work in a team oriented environment, collaborating with multiple CBT (cross business team) members through verbal and written means of communications. The candidate should possess a strong working knowledge of data management, detail orientated and a self-starter.
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering
- Prior Wafer Fabrication experience
- Experience with supporting or using a Manufacturing Execution System e.g. Eyelit, SAP, VM, Workstream, MS Dynamics
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills to manage tasks that bridge operations, production control, engineering, supply chain, and customer relations
- Expertise in the Eyelit MES System
- Expertise in SQL for data mining
- Knowledge and experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) in a production environment
- Analytics/dashboard platform experience such as Tableau
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Required Education (including Major):
BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or any equivalent Technical degree.