The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Operations Improvement Black Belt position available at our Idaho Plant facility in Caldwell, ID. Caldwell boasts great community events, many outdoor recreational activities, and several wineries.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for leading, directing and managing the Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement to advance the business in one of three regions within our North American Food Group Facilities, resulting in cost and/or quality improvements. Applies knowledge of Six Sigma processes to direct, lead and support multi-disciplinary improvement processes that require evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up. Leads root cause analysis, provides analytical and financial analyses /studies, and drives non-capital improvements at regional facilities, leveraging available improvement tools such as Six Sigma and Lean. Individual identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of our process lines and overall plant operations by reviewing plant performance. Directs the coordination and management of all defined and/or group initiated process improvement activities, personnel and other resources involved in the analysis, planning, implementation, documentation and support of Food Group operations process improvement projects. This positions reports to the Unit Directors where they are located with a dotted line reporting structure to the Director of Operations Improvement.
- Responsible for supporting, managing, or implementing Food Safety and Product Quality standards.
- Apply and Teach Six Sigma and Lean Business Process Tools and Methods to Improve Engineering Management Processes: Will use and teach tools and apply engineering management process knowledge and methods to the factory, Black Belts, Green Belts and subject matter experts for Six Sigma and Lean projects.
- Provide analysis, recommendations for improvement, reporting, and technical support to all Six Sigma certified employees, Unit Directors and their staffs, to help develop, coach and lead multifunctional teams to work on projects at their regional facilities in order to make improvements to operational performance, product quality, and processes.
- Support the Strategic Plan for J.R. Simplot Food Group: Mentors and advises facilities on prioritizing, charting, and launching projects that support the strategic direction of the Food Group and of the Simplot organization. Will develop plan to integrate the Six Sigma approach into the business strategy and deliver enhancements resulting in cost, quality, and process improvements.
- Monitors and Ensures that Lean Processing and Six Sigma Breakthrough Steps are Correctly Applied: Monitors and ensures that factory Black Belts are actively applying the Lean Processing and Six Sigma breakthrough steps in a correct manner to solve chronic problems, remove waste, and to plan new services or products. Will monitor the progress and ensure that each location is aligning projects with business objectives and the strategic plan.
- Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university
- Four plus years related experience and/or training.
- Certification: Black Belt Certification - Juran Institute Trained.
- Knowledge is required in the areas of Lean Manufacturing, Juran Six Sigma, statistics, production methods, quality standards, food processing GMP’s with food processing experience (preferable potato processing).
- Demonstrated expense savings from Six Sigma projects of significant size (upwards of $2 million per facility).
- Incumbent required to potentially work weekends and off shifts.
- Individual must be flexible and willing to alter schedule on a short notice.
- Extensive travel required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Current Opportunities
- Select All Open Positions
- Apply to Job ID#6888
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**