Do you have demonstrated business process improvement expertise (Lean Six Sigma) and extensive work experience having led their application to deliver organisational benefit?
Transpower connects New Zealanders to their power system, through safe, smart solutions for today and tomorrow.
About the team
Our Operations Process and Technology Improvement (OPTI) team is responsible for development and support of technologies and process improvements that enable and transform both our operational activities (including: real time system and market operation, outage planning and remote systems modelling) and maintaining our capability to manage risk to meet service expectations through technologies in asset management and field service delivery.
The OPTI team supports the delivery of Transpower's strategic priorities by both the Grid Service Delivery and Operations divisions by developing technology plans with our Information Services Technology division to evolve our grid and system operational services, monitor and manage assets and service provider interactions.
The team also assists other business groups in the implementation of technology and process development needs and in the business ownership of key tools and processes and works closely with our Enterprise Performance and Insights team.
OPTI is a key stakeholder in informing initiatives to maintain and grow our risk management capability which is essential to ensure service excellence. Leveraging technologies and process improvements that aid not only our operations but also asset management and field service delivery will provide wider benefits to meeting changing customer and consumer expectations.
About the role
Working in our Wellington head office Waikoukou, and reporting to the OPTI Manager with support from the Enterprise Performance Improvement team, you will identify and drive improvement in process and procedure across Operations.
Your eye on continual improvement opportunities along with your ability to lead and support process development for change initiatives will enable you to work across our organisation to deliver the following:
- Highly effective and professional business process improvement and support as a subject matter expert in structured process management and improvement frameworks
- Proactive analysis and insights
- Impactful communication that helps identify opportunities and achieves business goals
- Cross functional and influential indirect team leadership
What are we looking for?
You will be action and delivery orientated, and someone who is happy to 'walk the talk' and get stuck into building capability, appreciating that big challenges and step change is achieved with intent and well planned, small continual steps. Naturally you'll be customer focused, resilient and maintain a balanced view across an enterprise to ensure impacts of improvements on adjacent areas are understood and optimised.
To be considered, your cover letter and CV will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated business process improvement expertise (for example Lean Six Sigma) and extensive work experience having led their application to deliver organisational tangible benefit
- Experience leading the delivery of measurable benefits through a structured framework
- Strong analytical ability (through model development and statistical data analysis) coupled with the ability to take a broad view of the problem
- Experience applying various problem-solving tools from a toolkit based on structured frameworks including selection of the appropriate tool for the situation
- Experience in developing and sharing structured problem solving and improvement frameworks with others through sharing of information and training to grow the organisations capability.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the customer - internal and external and proven customer centricity
- Strong interpersonal skills - innate ability to foster good stakeholder relationships through collaboration, influencing, partnership, coaching
- Well-developed communication skills - oral and written, ability to present complex info clearly and simply, tailoring communications to meet the audience needs
A formal qualification in Lean Six Sigma while not essential, is desirable. Understanding of utilities and experience within a real time operations environment is a bonus!
What's in it for you?
This is a role where you can truly make a positive impact on our people, organisation and industry.
Transpower is proudly an equal opportunity employer, and values diversity. When you join Transpower you'll enjoy the diversity of thought that comes from working with 28 nationalities and be eligible for a range of employee wellness benefits including health insurance for you and your family. We support and encourage professional development and on the job learning.
Many of our people move sideways or take on people leadership/more challenging roles within our business over time. Work life balance is achievable with great enterprise collaboration tools and support for flexible working.
If you love learning, and enjoy a challenging, innovative and intellectually stimulating environment with great people please apply without delay.
Applications close Sunday, 14 April 2019.
NB: As part of our application process you may be invited to complete a digital interview. We hope you embrace the opportunity to tell your story and highlight your experience in a more personalised way.
To apply for this job, please click 'apply now' or go to our job site and enter the job code 16048ISS.