Leads all manufacturing operations in the plant. Helps the teams understand customer needs, the business plan and plant metrics. Facilitates how and when to react/correct by implementing countermeasures to improve performance in the plant. Disciplines/Departments reporting to this position are: Production, Materials, Logistics, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Manufacturing This individual is responsible for implementing the tools of the Watts Performance System (WPS) to ensure a safety, quality and pace; while maximizing profitable growth, drive quality improvements, and developing a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through Continuous Improvements.Engineering.responsible for implementing the tools of the Watts Performance System (WPS) to ensure a safety, quality and pace; while maximizing profitable growth, drive quality improvements, and developing a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through Continuous Improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develops Strategic Plan for the sites and drives Goal Deployment to meet the Breakthrough Objectives.
- Ensures that manufacturing has the talent to meet business requirements. Completes regular talent assessments and takes action to address gaps. Provides performance management to help reports improve leadership capabilities and provide accountability. Assures that discipline and other corrective actions are handled effectively and fairly. Assures that company policies are followed.
- Actively manages talent and organizational structure to meet customer and business needs
- Maintains a fully engaged and motivated work force in his/her areas to ensure that plant goals and objectives are achieved.
- Lean Leader for areas under his/her responsibility - engages his/her teams to implement TPS in their respective areas. Is the Champion for Continuous Improvement at the site; visibly at the forefront of plant transformation and enabling employees to make daily improvements in their areas
- Chief advocate for the customer ensuring the highest quality products and service to our customers; setting up processes inside the factory to focus on the customer
- Owner of Quality at the site with a relentless pursuit of zero defects
- Leads by example working with his/her teams to implement all Corporate Standards and provide action plans to ensure proper implementation.
- Motivates and coaches his/her team to identify opportunities during Gemba Walks in order to eliminate/decrease waste.
- This position deals directly with customers/suppliers and interacts directly and constantly with ALL Corporate Discipline Leaders.
- Budget - ensures predetermined budgets are met for KPIs. Leads the preparation of the site Annual Operating Plan linking business goals, productivity targets, resource and capital plans.
- Identifies the gaps and areas of focus to make certain that budgets are met and the Operations Department is profitable.
- ESH - Establishes priorities with his/her team to ensure all Environmental, Safety and Health Corporate Standard gaps are identified and establishes proper plans to fully implement each ESH Standard. The Operations Manager is the chief safety officer in the plant and responsible to develop and implement the plan to move Export to World Class Safety performance
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, engineering, or other technical area preferred. Advanced technical or business degree a plus.
. Purchasing Manager, Shift Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance Manager and Value Stream Managers report to this position.
- 5 to 10 years’ progressive related experience at a management level on different disciplines or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience to perform the requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated history of leading change and continuous improvement in factories to achieve customer and business goals
- Strongly demonstrated general management skills including team building, JIT process based manufacturing, automotive industry experience, cost management, material/logistics, forecasting and planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, quality management, strong customer relationship background and attitude.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Environment, Safety & Health, Industrial Relations, accounting principles and supply contract administration.
- In depth knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen (Certification desired).
- Ability to move throughout the plant and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, and moving within the work areas.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.
- Works in an office environment
- Will spend the majority of time on the plant floor
- As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others