SAIC is looking for a seasoned Operations Manager in San Diego, CA. In this role you will oversee the day-to-day operations for a DoD/Navy contract providing project management, engineering, technical, logistics, configuration management, and training support to the naval afloat systems. You will also provide operation, technical, and execution oversight to Functional Areas (FA); Ensure alignment and standards between FA’s, staffing needs are met, polices are followed, and execution team aligns with program cadence; and engage with Program Manager, Customer(s) and other Stakeholders regularly.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operational: Ensure FA managers dayto-day efforts meets customer demand, engage with managers on daily operations; to include staffing, SME allocation, schedule, forecasting, quality assurance, and process/SOP development. Facilitate enhanced communications between functional areas. Drive operational goals between FA’s
- Technical: Provide technical guidance, strategy, and resolution to Functional Area (Managers and Leads). When required, ensure escalations of technical issues occur and are tracked between functional areas
- Execution: Ensure FA’s are executing tasking in accordance with IMS schedules, SOPs and processes, and that periodic quality assurance spot checks are conducted on DSR’s and other deliverables
- Training/mentoring: Work with Managers on developing, implementing, and enhancing training for Leads and SMEs. Provide mentoring to Managers for continued professional development
- Initiatives: Coordinate with Program Manager, Technical Director, and Managers to conduct reviews/updates of SOP/Handbook to ensure alignment with initiatives. Assist with meeting SLA’s in the execution of dayto-day operations
- Attend technical meetings, management meetings, technical exchanges, strategic discussions, etc.
- Work on special projects, initiatives, and proposal responses
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business related ﬁeld, IT, or Operations Management.
- 10 years of experience managing and leading large teams (100+ individuals), preferably technical/engineering teams
- 10 years of experience in operations management and/or project management. Preferably in the DoD/Navy workspace
- Big picture thinking with an understanding of the intricacies of dayto-day operations. Tie the two together
- Strong communication skills in writing, leading meetings, interfacing with customer and leadership, and presenting briefs. Must be able to clearly articulate expectations and guidance to the team.
- Proactive problem solving, strong analytical skills, critical thinking abilities
- Able to operate in a fast paced work environment with multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- PMP, ITIL, Agile, and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Active Secret Clearance