L3Harris, Electron Devices Division is currently seeking an Operations Manager for our Torrance, CA location. In this role, you will be responsible for overall program execution supporting multiple business areas. You will be also be responsible for leading an organization of Manufacturing Supervisors and Hourly bargaining unit workforce. This includes direct supervision and leadership of the Manufacturing organization and coordination of the overall Operations support including the Mission Assurance/Quality, Supply Chain, Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering and Test Engineering functions providing support to the manufacturing facility.
- Meet functional requirements of staffing, training, talent development, engagement, retention, and overall management of Manufacturing and Test department / function.
- Provide staffing for programs, IR&D, and special projects for Space and/or Avionics programs.
- Meet functional organization and business AOP budgets.
- Manufacturing/Operations processes as appropriate to ensure tools, processes, and staff are competitive and applicable to the business needs. Development of Manufacturing/Process Technology roadmap and capital planning.
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval and the generation of production schedules to support proposal efforts and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) as needed.
- Support technical tiger Teams for Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessment on programs where applicable.
- Communication of production strategies broadly to expedite adoption and institutionalize best practices – strong executive communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience OR Graduate degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience
- Experience in Manufacturing/Operations leadership capacity (i.e. Group Lead, Supervisor, Manager)
- Experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for assembly processes for space and avionic products
- Experience with assembly and test of Traveling Wave Tube (TWT) technologies.
- Experience in DC, RF, thermal vacuum and vibration test processes.
- Experience in the manufacturing and testing of space products.
- Experience in applying best practice FMEA/DFMA/DTC methodologies.
- Experience in lean manufacturing implementation - Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification a plus
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience in a union facility
- Background in the development/LRIP manufacturing efforts is preferred.
- Standard use of MES, PDM, and MRP is preferred.
- Knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable result
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with external organizations
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including strong executive communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining high quality and focus on the details.
- Requires the ability to work in a fast-moving environment under tight schedules and coordinate multiple tasks effectively.