The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
- Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Additional Job Elements:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
- You have over 5 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.