This position will lead the site's continuous improvement initiatives that are designed to eliminate waste and non-value added activities and improve performance in the five focus areas of Operational Excellence (Safety, Service, Quality, Cost, People) through the following:
- Providing guidance and acting as a resource to Continuous Improvement teams on the selection and project management of Six Sigma, Focused Factory/Lean and General Improvement projects.
- Be a resource for and support Division and Corporate continuous improvement initiatives
- Personally leading projects for improvement results that can be leveraged across facilities, functions, and Divisions.
- Ensuring continuous improvement training, tools, best practices and resources are available to employees at all levels and are being utilized appropriately and effectively.
- Involvement in the validation and long-term sustainability of the site continuous improvement projects.
- Review and validate performance results achievement of continuous improvement projects.
- Develop and implement post-project audit activities designed to monitor sustainability of performance improvement results over time
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must have a Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution or 8 years of experience.
- Must have a Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing or distribution professional role, or a role that supports manufacturing or distribution operations by solving operational/technical issues
- Project Management skills
- Experience understanding and implementing continuous improvement tools
- Decision-making skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Planning & Organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Proactive approach
- Proficient experience with software such as Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access is preferred
- Previous experience in more than one functional area (Supply Chain, Accounting, Engineering, Quality, Safety, Operations, Purchasing, etc.) is preferred